Remember the Android tablet we said might be the first real competitor to the iPad 2 earlier this month? Well, it just made its debut on the Best Buy site, and while the big “Coming Soon” button has crushed our dreams of pre-ordering one today, the site is offering up a few more details on the thing — or at least some confirmation of what we already knew. For one thing, it looks like the system will indeed pack Android 3.1, unlike the version we tested, which was rocking the 3.0.1. Also, on a more disappointing note, the adorable Android army on the model we picked up at Google I/O is gone, with a plain white back or metallic gray in its place, unlike the black one we were expecting — perhaps Samsung will offer up both color options when the device actually ships. In the meantime, we’ll see if we can find the number of a good laser engraver.
SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB INFORMATION
Redefining High Performance
Adobe® Flash® Player-compatible Web pages and play games on a 10.1″ screen.
- Enjoy movies in beautiful HD clarity on the 10.1″ widescreen (1280 x 800) display
- Dual Core 1GHz Tegra™ 2 processor delivers vibrant colors and precise detail, fast
- Transmit sharp video-chat images with 2MP front-facing camera; 3MP rear-facing camera with LED flash for pictures and video
Immerse Yourself in the World of Apps
Experience the power and speed of Android 3.1 Honeycomb OS.
- Thousand of apps in the Android Market, the fastest growing app market
- Android 3.1 Honeycomb OS enables you to multitask with multiple programs and applications such as optimized Gmail™, Google Maps™ and other apps
- Immersive, lightning-fast Android-powered web-browsing experience
Amazingly Thin, Light and Stylish
Only .34″ thin and ultra-light, the Galaxy Tab 10.1 travels well.
- At only 1.25 lbs., this large-screen tablet is unbelievably thin and portable
- Durable, easy-to-grip body fits comfortably in your hand
- Feel free to choose – the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is available in metallic grey or pure white, and in 16GB or 32GB memory options
Source – BestBuy