Huawei, a Chinese telecom equipment company introduced MediaPad, 7inch android tablet today. Special thing about MediaPad is the newest Android version, Honeycomb 3.2. Its sporting 1.2 GHz Qualcomm dual core processor and 5MP rear camera with HD support, 1.3 MP front camera.
Huawei is known for providing low-cost alternatives to pricey smartphones and tablets. At the launch, Victor Xu, Chief Marketing Officer, Huawei Device said, “With the Huawei MediaPad, we are demonstrating yet again that design, functionality and performance is within anyone’s reach”.
We have listed down quick specs of Mediapad:
- Android Honeycomb 3.2 (Tailored for 7inch tablets)
- 7 inch IPS display
- 1.2 GHz Qualcomm dual core processor
- 5MP rear camera with HD support, 1.3 MP front camera
- 4100 mAh battery (6 hours battery life)
- HSPA+ support
- 1080p playback
- 10.5 mm thick
- Weighs 390 grams
- WiFi 11n
- Flash 10.3 (supports latest version of flash)
If everything works out as planned, Mediapad would be available in third quarter of 2011 in US and Asia.