Motorola India announced that the Indian version of Xoom 3G and WiFi will be getting the Android 3.1 update starting tomorrow. The update will come over-the-air, and your tablet will notify you about its arrival and ask you to install it immediately or at a later date.
The update will finally activate to the SD card slot in the Xoom. Update is 40MB in size. If you are facing trouble to get android 3.1, it can thereafter be downloaded manually by going to “Settings > About Tablet > System Updates.”
Other countries in Asia Pacific that will also be getting the same update include Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand. Though it’s unclear right now whether the rollout will start tomorrow in these countries as well. Anyway, regardless of where in the world you’ve purchased a Xoom from, the Android 3.1 update is on its way to you.
- It activates the SD card slot
- Improved multi-tasking providing instant visual access to a larger number of applications
- Resizable home screen widgets for Gmail, Calendar and Browser
- Both keyboard and mouse support, which allows simultaneous input for devices over Bluetooth® (in any combination)
- Support for most PC joysticks and gamepads that connect over USB or Bluetooth
- Picture transfer directly from camera, so users can connect their cameras over USB and import their pictures to the Gallery with a single touch
- New high-performance Wi-Fi lock lets applications maintain high-performance Wi-Fi connectionseven when the device screen is off
- Preloaded Adobe® Flash® Player, as well as File Manager.