Yesterday, at F8, Facebook unveiled very remarkable new feature called Timeline. Like Mark Zuckerburg explained in key notes, its really is the story of your whole life. Timeline is not yet enabled for everyone as its being rolled out gradually over coming days till 30th September.
We will post more details about events and highlights of F8 later today but if you have attended F8 or watched live streaming or just read/heard how awesome Timeline is, you must desire to get one for yourself immediately. Well, it is possible and I will tell you how to get Facebook Timeline right now.
Here are the steps:
- Log into your existing Facebook account and go to developers page at: http://www.facebook.com/developers/. You will be asked for access, allow it as this is FB app you are safe.
- ‘Create a new app’ from left sidebar. (You can use already created app also). Please note app or any info you entered for it will not be public until you explicitly make it public.
- Enter mandatory fields like app name, namespace etc. (use meaningful names, it should not look spam)
- Once successfully created the app would be listed in left sidebar. Click on it to go app’s home page.
- Look for the “Open Graph” header, and click the “Get Started using open graph” link.
- Create a test action for your app, like “read” a “magazine”, or “drink” a “water”. Click on ‘get started’ button.
- Next page will be configuration page. Fill in some imaginary settings. Put in past tense and plural words for your action/object you chose above. Click on next and do the same for next page. There are total three pages and then “Finish”. You are almost done here.
- Wait for couple of minutes and go back to your Facebook home page. i.e. http://www.facebook.com/
- An invite to try out Timeline must be waiting for you at the top of the page. Try it, update the timeline if you wish to, and then publish it so that your friends too can see it.
Thats all! You are done. Let us know how it goes in comments.