Delicious.com just got new design update. New design looks much better than old one, its innovative and thoughtfully built.
Delicious.com is one of the first social bookmarking services launched years ago and taught people the advantages of bookmarking webpages online. There are still huge number of users who prefer it over other bookmarking services for its simplicity and quality.
Since launch, Delicious didn’t change much in design and technical aspects but it went through several corporate changes. Yahoo bought Delicious couple of years ago and but couldn’t figure out strong revenue model out of it; so they put it on sale few months back. AVOS, founders of YouTube bought it from Yahoo or rather saved it. Since then everyone waiting for what changes they come up with and today the wait is over.
On home page, you will see tiles based layout which features, ‘featured stacks’ and ‘featured links’. A stack is a collection of links built around a common theme or topic that can be shared in full with other users, enabling easy and quick discovery of online content. There are some new things added with the design like multi-word tags. Here is the list:
- Site navigation is simpler, and many redundant features have been consolidated
- Bookmarks are now called links, but they mean the same thing
- Any links previously marked private in Delicious will remain that way
- We’re still supporting all Delicious APIs and feeds, with more on the way
- Multiple-word tagging is now possible (“San Francisco”); tags are separated with commas
- Profile pics are now supported, with more social features to come
You can visit AVOS blog to see what founders have to say about this move.