Xiaomi, Chinese smartphone maker, just has released its new Jelly Bean equipped quad-core smartphone in Apple-style, emphasizing on design, hardware and software integration and similarities in company culture. Dubbed Xiaomi Phone 2 or MI2, the device is direct competitor to high-end handsets for 2012, like Galaxy S3 and HTC One X, says company.
With launch of Xiaomi MI2 smartphone, the company — upping the ante — has dropped the price of its first-generation Mi-one handset to a mere $200 (1,300 Yuan). Though, it doesn’t matter to those looking for a high-end smartphone with pretty nice specs. The new phone is slightly smaller, sleeker, and thinner – the company ever made. Head down over the list of phone’s features.
Xiaomi MI2 Features and Specs:
- 4.3-inch (1280 x 720p) IPS display at 342ppi by Sharp
- Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 quad-core processor, clocked at 1.5 GHz
- Adreno 320 Graphics
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS (MIUI V4 ROM)
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- LED flash equipped 8MP rear snapper, with f/2.0 large aperture and 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps, 720p recording at 90 fps
- 2MP front-facing shooter
- Huge 2,000mAh battery (optional battery pack of 3000 mAh available)
- 3G, HSPA+ 42Mbps, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz) with Wi-Fi Streaming, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG, MHL (HDMI)
- HDMI-compatible USB Port
- A gyrometer, a pressure/altitude gauge, and HID
- 10.2 mm thick and weights 145g
The phone, of course, looks like being a real iPhone contender, as it has its own Siri-like voice recognition software, (powered by iFlytek ) developed by Keda Xunfei. It will also have its cloud services where you can save your images, videos etc in the cloud – that’s the MiDrive app.
Priced at ¥1,999 (about $$314), the MI2 will be available in five colors, including white, silver, blue, pink, and yellow. The phone will be available sometime in October this year.
Check out the ever-so-cool 3D promo video of the Xiaomi Mi2 and MIUI below. Meanwhile, more images below after the break.
On the other hand, the company is also planning to unveil another new handset, the Xiaomi 1S, on August 23, priced at 1,499 RMB (circa $235). It will be powered by 1.7GHz dual-core processor.
Source – Xiaomi
Via – Engadget