It’s been almost six months, we heard way back in mid-March that Huawei may prepare a boost version of Ascend D Quad XL smartphone running fastest processor ever seen. Dubbed Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL, the smartphone is now all official, bragging some very ambitious claims for its battery and processor, as well as for crystal-clear screen.
The phone runs company’s recently unveiled new skin, so called Emotion UI, which sits on top of Android Ice Cream Sandwich on the go. Hit the play button below for more after the break.
Most important, the Huawei has paid special attention to the battery, where the Battery Saving Technology software is designed to cut energy consumption by up to 30 per cent. The phone’s huge 2,600 mAh battery provides upto 15 hours of talk time and a whopping 500 hours on standby. Head down over the full features and specs of the handset.
Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL Features and Specs:
- 4.5-inch HD IPS+ Display with crystal-clear graphics at 330ppi
- 1.2GHz K3V2 ARM processor with integrated 16x GPU for graphics
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (upgradable to Jelly Bean soon)
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB of internal storage (expandable upto 32GB via MicroSD card)
- 8MP rear shooter with dual LED flash and a backside-illuminated sensor
- 1.3MP front-facing snapper with support of full 1080p HD video
- 2,600mAh battery
- WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 4G LTE (depends on regions debut)
- 11.5mm thick
The Ascend D1 Quad XL is expected to go on sale in Europe by end of October this year. Priced at €500 (£400) [circa $624] with no contract, the handset will be available in Black and White colors versions. Stay tuned with Techsnapr for additional details.