As expected, the ASUS Padfone2 has been unveiled earlier this morning, packing a sleek design and upgraded specs to its sibling. Keeping the track of Smartphone-in-tablet combo, the new Padfone2 also hides a phone inside the slate. Head down over the following quick spec run-down of the devices.
ASUS Padfone2 Smartphone Features and Specs:
- 4.7-inch (720p) Super IPS+ display, built using IGZO technology
- Qualcomm quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor, clocked at 1.5GHz
- 2GB of RAM
- Android 4.0.4 ICS (JB update coming “shortly”)
- 13MP rear shooter with 1080p video recording
- 1.2MP front-facing snapper
- NFC, LTE compatibility
- Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with GLONASS support
- 13-pin dock connector
- Micro USB 2.0 and MHL support
- 2,140mAh battery
- 50GB of Asus WebStorage
So if you thought that was impressive — there’s more. Head down over to the tablet’s key features.
ASUS Padfone2 Tablet Features and Specs:
- 10.1-inch (1,280 x 800p) IPS display
- 5000mAh battery
This combo features a Smartphone that slides into a slot on the back of its accompanying tablet — lacking the docking bay cover, and the whole package weighs 649g only. As usual, once connected, the handset can be charged through tablet.
Interested parties can grab the Smartphone (without the slate Station) at $615 for the 16GB model, while the 64GB version costs $750. The device will be available in Taiwan “as early as next week”.
Meanwhile, the entire combo adds around $210 more for the tablet/smartphone bundle (where the tablet costs $310 if bought separately). Initially, the device will be available in black color model, while the white version is slated for a later release.
The hybrid device will be debuting worldwide “before the end of 2012.” Stay tuned with us for more on the matter.